Remember blackjack? That card game where you strive to make your gambling cards total 21 without exceeding it…
Choose the Best Game Strategy
While you may not become good at all the game’s strategies, you cannot miss at least one that you can say – this is my blackjack strategy. Then as you get used to the game, you can learn to combine most of the strategies to your advantage.
This move of surrender, meaning to forfeit your hand is best when you have a hard 16, but not made out of a total of two 8s, and the dealer has a 9, a 10 or an A. It can also work well when you have a hard 15 and the dealer has a 10.
To learn the best blackjack strategy, you need to understand the meaning of the terminologies used in the game. A hard 16 or a hard 15 means a hand without an ace.
- Make a point of splitting your aces and 8s at all times
- Also split your 2s and 3s when facing the dealer’s 4 – 7, or the dealer’s 2 or 3.
- Make a point of splitting your 4s, but only when double after split (DAS) is allowed, or when the dealer has displayed a 5 or 6.
- Make a point of splitting your 6s when the dealer has 3 – 6, or when the dealer has a 2 and DAS is allowed.
- It is also a good idea to split your 7s when facing the dealer’s 2 – 7.
- Another good split is of the 9s, if the dealer has 2 – 6 or even 8 or 9.
- However, dare not split 5s or 10s.
When is doubling become a good blackjack strategy? Well:
- When you have a hard 9 and the dealer has 3 – 6.
- With a hard 10; but not when the dealer has a 10 too or an A.
- With a hard 11; but not when the dealer has an A.
- With a soft 13 or 14, if dealer has a 5 or 6.
- With a soft 15 or 16, if dealer has 4 – 6.
- With a soft 17 or even 18, if dealer has 3 – 6.
- Either hit or stand
- Hit hard when you have 11 or less
- Hit soft when you have 17 or less
- Stand when you have a soft 19 or more
- Stand with a soft 18; but not when the dealer has a 9 or 10, or even an A.
- Stand with a hard 17 or more.
- Stand with a hard 12 if the dealer has 4 – 6.
- Stand with hard 13 to 16, if the dealer has 2 to 6.
Your best blackjack strategy must be an optimal combination of all the strategies outlined.